Get the Book! A labor of love 1.5 years in the making, featuring beautiful photographs by Clay Williams:
- The ultimate insider’s guide to New York’s rooftops
- Features interesting and unusual places not found in traditional travel guides
- Part of the international 111 Places/111 Shops series with over 250 titles and 1.5 million copies in print worldwide
- Written for locals and the tourist market alike – offering new discoveries for all
- Fully illustrated with 111 full-page color photographs
New York City has always been a place where only tourists look up – until now. This new guidebook reveals the largely unexplored world on top of the city’s iconic skyline. Featuring new rooftops not explored in Adatto’s previous guidebook, 111 Rooftops in New York That You Must Not Miss (Emons Publishing/Distributed by ACC; $19.90 paperback with flaps) invites readers to experience a wide range of rooftops throughout the city’s five boroughs, from bars and restaurants, to gardens and farms, to libraries and art spaces. New York has a rooftop for anyone of any age, and any interest.
- The roof gallery at the Museum of Jewish Heritage in Battery Park City features artist Andy Goldsworthy’s moving Garden of Stones, his only work on permanent exhibit in the city.
- Riverbank State Park in Harlem is the largest rooftop in the hemisphere at 28 acres, with an Olympic-size pool, a covered skating rink, and spectacular views of the Hudson River – all on top of a sewage treatment plant.
- The Meatpacking District’s Brass Monkey is a relaxed neighborhood bar with a High Line view.
Preorder the book for more details on these roofs, and 108 more rooftops you simply must see to believe!
About the Series:
This illustrated 111 Places guidebook series presents cities, regions, countries, and specialty themes from a wonderfully different and personal perspective. Go off the beaten path to find the hidden places, stories, shops, and neighborhoods that unlock a destination’s true character, history, and flavor. The series is published by Emons Publishing in Cologne, Germany and New York, NY. http://www.111Places.com
Explore the city skies with this handy pocket-sized book. Get a sneak peek of what’s inside the guide, click here for a sample video tour.